Sunday, July 24, 2011

Per chef's whim

I was at a restaurant with my husband a while back, and on the menu, under soup of the day was the remark: per chef's whim.  The phrase struck me, because that is how I cook.  This blog will be a collection of food I like, and I hope that you will like it to.  My cooking is usually healthy, often gluten free, and most importantly, I hope you find, it is really good!  

I don't like to follow recipes, I usually find that I will like it better if I just add this... or take out that..... or turn it into a soup/ main dish/ salad/ what have you.  My friends have asked for my "recipes", so here they are, as I make and test them over over again (I have a bad habit of not writing anything down!)  I hope you enjoy!

On a side note, my husband is gluten intolerant, so many of my recipes will be gluten free.  If you can eat wheat, don't be turned off by this.  My goal is good food first, and you will find, you won't even miss the wheat (many recipes I make didn't need wheat in the first place!).  For those with Celiac disease....you've got to try these! My husband has started calling his diet gluten freedom instead of gluten free he has been enjoying the food so much!

I will start posting recipes up here soon...let me know what you think!

~Alison

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this Alison, I must tell fellow readers that this food is really good and not complicated to do. I am looking forward to more recipes and the mushroom risoto the next time I visit Indy. Love, Grandma Nagel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it! I will definitely make risotto next time you are here!

      Delete