Sunday, July 22, 2012

Catching up

Ok, I'm sorry.  I told you I would have the leftover recipe posted by now.... Surprise to those who know me (sarcasm) I forgot to write it down.... I do remember it, I just have to test it one more time to make sure I get the measurements accurate.

On the up side, you may have noticed some changes I my blog. I'm trying to post calorie counts for all of my recipes. There are a few that I have not done yet, I have to retest the recipes to see exactly how many servings it will make. I hope this helps out those like me and Paul who are trying to be conscious of what we eat. In my cooking, I always try to focus on flavor, but also trying to only add as much butter, oil, sugar etc as needed. But still, some recipes are healthier than others, this will just be a way to help sort them out!

Also, I made risotto for Paul and I a couple days ago, and I retested my recipe.   I realized that I needed to make some changes to what I originally wrote.  Nothing was completely wrong, some things just needed better clarification.  Learning to write down a recipe is a learning process. I am committed to continue improving it.

Now that summer is coming to a close, I am excited to have the time to share more of my food with you, and create even more! Future posts will include, duck, fish, beer bird, fruit crisps and more. I'm finishing up my busy work schedule now, so still have quite a few no cook dinners like this one.  Mixed bag lettuce (butter lettuce and dark greens mix), Trader Joe's pear vinaigrette, and some meats and cheeses.  Very satisfying and feels more indulgent than it is. 

I have a close friend that loves layer dips and horseradish. Right now my biggest creativity project is trying to come up with a way to change a Mexican style 7 layer dip into a healthy dip with horseradish. That one is still a long way from a completed recipe, but something to look forward to if you like horseradish like I do!

More posts soon.  I am so excited by the response I have gotten by this blog.  Thank you guys for your interest.  It's so cool to hear that I have people I've never even met checking in to see the new recipes.  Friend or stranger, leave a comment and tell me what kind of food you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment